Monday 16 February 2015

Cheating: Baci di dama from Food52

I live in Canada.  It's February, and I'm spending part of the weekend at home with no car.  We've had record-breaking cold (today's high -14°C = 7°F) for much of the month.  I might like to be cooking as though I were in Jerusalem (today's high +9°C = 48°F), but that requires planning.

Instead, I've made these amazingly tasty Piedmontese cookies, which are a really delicate nut shortbread filled with chocolate.  I'm probably going to Hell for this, but I substituted almond meal for the ground hazelnuts.  You won't tell, will you?

These come from a series in food52 that focuses on regional Italian food, which I've been enjoying for a while, though I rarely cook from it.  Actually, food52 is how I first learned about Jerusalem, so we're still on theme.

Rover with baci di dama
Oh, and Rover is especially barnacle-dog today, so I figured she belonged in the photo as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment